Cosmetic surgery is very costly, but not entirely unattainable. Deciding to go under the knife is not something that should be taken lightly. The list below sheds perspective on Cosmetic Surgery Prices, risks and alternatives to cosmetic surgery.
Plastic Surgery Costs, Risks and Alternatives
- Abdominoplasty (aka tummy tuck) – The average cost of a tummy tuck is $5,278 which is equivalent to nine years of a gym membership at $50 a month. The potential risks and complications are “bleeding, infection, reactions to anesthesia as well as tissue loss along the horizontal incision.” Also, there is a chance that fluid can gather under the skin that can be removed painlessly, but might require repeat visits. An alternative to a tummy tuck is a good diet and a cardio related exercise with strength training.
- Breast implants – It costs an average of $3,308 for saline implants and $3,694 for the silicone kind. There are various risks; for example, rupturing, change in nipple sensation, implant visibility, rippling, or difficulty to detect breast cancer. Some alternatives can be exercises such as pectoral flys, chest presses and push ups. Also, the push up bra is a great alternative.
- Facelift – It costs about $6,408 for a facelift which is equivalent to one semester to a top state college. Some potential risks are numbness to the face and swelling which goes away post-surgery. Also, post-operative bleeding can happen if activities such as straining, bending and lifting are involved. The alternatives to a facelift are consulting with a dermatologist for recommended facial creams or laser skin-tightening procedures.
- Vaginal rejuvenation or vaginoplasty – The average cost of this procedure is around $2,342 or about the cost of a five night stay at the Four Seasons Resort in Costa Rica. The potential risks are loss of sensitivity or numbness around the vagina which can last for years or be permanent. Alternative remedies are Kegel exercises or creams that would need doctor recommendation.
- Botox – Average cost of Botox is around $328 per session or equal to 219 regular tall coffees at Starbucks. Common risks are swelling or bruising at the injection site and, on rare occurrences, crooked looking or sagging skin if not injected correctly. Some alternatives are anti-wrinkle creams, facial serums and chemical peels that can reduce the look of wrinkles.
On another note, the cost of these procedures are surgeon fees and does not include surgical facility, anesthesia, medical tests, prescriptions, surgical garments, or other miscellaneous plastic surgery related items.
Dr. Angelchik Can Take Care of Your Cosmetic Surgery Needs
At Dr. Angelchik’s practice, we do careful consultation to make sure each potential patient is the right candidate for Plastic Surgery Procedures. There are many options out there; it just depends on available resources and comfort level. If you are ready to make a permanent, beautiful change, contact Dr. Angelchik to set up an appointment for a consultation.